Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 10-06-2016, 04:32 PM

Default Elemental, Shaman - Azzran

Light Brigade Application Form

Your age?
- I'm 31 years old

Character Name:
- Azzran

Character Class:
- Shaman

Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Azzran/simple

Battle.net or RealID:
- Snake#11518

1. What is your game and raid time availability (specific days and server times)?
- I work at Best Buy, and my schedule is unstable. I will always be off after 10 PM. What I can do is change my availability for raid nights.

2. Why did you choose your current talents and glyphs? Do you ever change talents or glyphs for particular encounters (if so, please give us some specific examples)?
- Well, i normally use Totem Mastery if the fights are not movement heavy, like Nythendra and Il'gynoth (evil tree), otherwise earthen Rage is my go-to. The next tier generally has Gust of Wind or Windrush Totem, the latter being useful to exit the heart phase in Il'gynoth if it's going be be done in two tries, or the previous one to get out of trouble.
Lightning Surge Totem is my go-to (stun>root or poly, which is bugged anyways), then Ancestral S. for the extra haste, at least for now. Always Elemental Mastery for the haste boost and either Ascendance for when I get to 30%+ Crit, meanwhile, i still favor Lightning Rod for the extra 40% Lightning damage.

3. What is your secondary specialization? Are you comfortable playing that spec in a raiding environment if called upon to do so? Do you have appropriate current-tier gear for that spec?
- I have tried Restoration, and i've done quite well in Mythic+, especially when the players stay stacked. I have Scepter of Tides at about 15%. Enhancement looks entertaining, but i haven't touched Doomhammer and I don't know the rotation/priority system, which doesn't mean i won't if it's needed.

4. What major add-ons do you use to help you better perform your chosen raiding role? (If you don't use add-ons, please explain.)
- The addon that is my bread and butter is Weakauras. I also use Big/Little Wigs.

5. What is your previous raid experience? (Be specific, please)
- I have always dreamt with raiding seriously in WOW, and never had the chance to accomplish it, due to being in the wrong place for the last 28 years. I used to live in Cuba and just started a new life here in the States three years ago. Always been a WOW fan since i played Warcraft 3(Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne). I can easily say i've been familiar to WOW for 8 years or more. As of raid experience, I came back to WOW from Final Fantasy 14, in which I raided very seriously, but real life compromises drew me away from it. I mained a Bard, which is a ranged support class. I went through the first two Alexander Savage Wings, the Father release, which was the first one that came out, but sadly had to quit the game when my static was going to start the progression process on the third wing. Other than that, I have 3 Heroic clears in EN (Nythendra, Renferal and Dragons of Nightmare) and brought Il'gynoth to 10% before we called it a night.

6. What steps do you take to prepare yourself for a new raid encounter?
- I'm an Herbalist/Alchemist, currently leveling both, almost everything on 2 stars. My plan is to keep the guild and the raid team stocked with Flasks, Potions and food. Always make sure i have my enchantable pieces covered, and I take my time watching videos of the fights, especially from Fatboss Tv, and I love listening to their "Laps around Dalaran" videos.

7. What other guilds (particularly on Shadow Council) have you been in and why did you leave them?
- Legion's End, but it was very inactive. Then I moved to Casualist Jerks, where I made dear friends, but their schedules were conflictive with my times and also the guild had too many underaged members. I am are still in communication with the Guild owner and i hold him as a dear friend.

8. What are you looking for in a guild and why do you think Light Brigade would be a good fit for you?
- I want a mature, open minded and smart environment where there's no drama. Soota has talked wonders about the guild, so it would be silly of me to pass from an opportunity like this.

9. Do you know any current or former Light Brigade members? If so, what is your relationship with them? Is there anyone currently in the guild that would be willing to vouch for your performance and ability?
- Sootaburr, the mange fortress. She is a very dear friend of my fiancee, Yuhkii. She was the one who told us about the guild.

10. Is there anything else you would like to add that we should take into account when reviewing your application?
- Just want to say that i may sound cheesy and silly, but i've never done a guild application before, so I decided to not hold back with my silly humor and dorky remarks.

(Optional) Feel free to add a link to a screen shot of your raiding UI and/or any World of Logs type raid parses if available.