Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 01-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Guild Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Kamar
Default Request to join

How old are you? 36
Character Name: Kamar
Character Class: Paladin

1. Who do you know in Light Brigade and what is your relationship with them?
I was in Retribution for many years, starting back when we were running MC. Years later, several of our leadership would come over to LB. The last that I was in contact with was Barad, however I haven’t spoken to him in a while and to be honest, I’m not even sure if he is still playing. I have been playing since 2005 and many of the people I played with have since moved on.

2. Why do you want to join Light Brigade as a "Friend of the Guild"? (Please be as detailed as possible)
To be honest, I would rather join as a raiding member however I am honest with myself and know that I can no longer commit to anyone else’s schedule. Unfortunately, career progression and familial responsibilities don’t allow me to raid like I used to. I have known of LB since BC and have always considered the guild to be a standard bearer among raiding guilds. I have wanted to join for many years.

3. How do you spend your time in game?
Mostly, I farm. I enjoy leveling alts and working on achievements, mount grinds, etc. I raid when I can in LFR, mostly because it offers me the ability to raid when work and family commitments allow. I am in the military, since 2006, have been playing WoW since that fall prior, and have watched every expansion since. I enjoy the game, and have read every book published regarding Warcraft lore.

4. You've read our Guild Charter and decided to go forward with your application. What about the charter appeals to you? What would you change? Frankly, the charter is identical in most ways when compared to how many other guilds are ran. I found nothing surprising, however to answer the question about what I might change – the 50k charge to roll on “vanity” items during raids seems unnecessarily high to me. I might cut it in half, unless there is a specific need for the guild to generate 50k from those items. Otherwise, I wouldn’t change anything concerning the charter.

5. What other guilds on Shadow Council have you been in and why did you leave them?
Retribution (First Guild) – Left after many, many years. This was hard to do as it was the only guild that I felt was a real family. Unfortunately, there was little concentration on recruitment and building a solid end-game raiding team and back then I wanted to see that content.
Phantom Regiment (Personal Guild) – Just a collection of my alts that I keep in order to take advantage of a Gbank. Occasionally I let friends join the guild as they level until they transition over into formal guilds.
Twilight Chapter (Last Guild) – Moved my main over in order to have a chance to run HFC-H and complete specific achievements that I simply could not do in LFR. It is a solid guild, and I would rather not speak poorly of it. Like many other guilds, there are several fantastic members and some who are less-so. In the end, their end-game progression is a reflection of their leadership style.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Officer

Hello Kamar,
Thank you for your application to Light Brigade! We would be happy to have you as Friend of the Guild! However, you should know that we are not raiding at the current time. We will reconvene our raid team when the new xpac come out later this year. In the meantime, if there is anything you need, please feel free to ask.
~Wynneth~