Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Guild Member

Send a message via AIM to Paribus
Default Kalvar - Afflication Warlock

Your age? 33
Character Name: Kalvar
Character Class: Warlock
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kalvar/simple
Battle.net or RealID:

1. What is your game and raid time availability (specific days and server times)?
I can raid on Tuesdays from 6-10pm server time, but Thursdays I typically wonít be on until around 7:30pm server time.

2. Why did you choose your current talents? Do you ever change talents or glyphs for particular encounters (if so, please give us some specific examples)?
For single target I like to take siphon life and drain soul, and for multi-target sow the seeds and writhe in agony. Affliction survivability is pretty high regardless of talent choices, though siphon life will help if there are multiple targets and the caster is taking heavy damage.

3. What is your secondary specialization? Are you comfortable playing that spec in a raiding environment if called upon to do so? Do you have appropriate current-tier gear for that spec?
Secondary spec would be demonology, but I only played it a bit during leveling, and most of my artifact power and gear has gone into affliction. Demo builds focus more on haste and crit as opposed to mastery and haste, so my current gear is not optimized for my secondary spec.

4. What major add-ons do you use to help you better perform your chosen raiding role? (If you don't use add-ons, please explain.)
Deadly Boss Mods and Skada mostly, as well as healbot for decursing. Or in my case, buffing everyone with water breathing. Looking into different mods for keeping track of DoT timers.

5. What is your previous raid experience? (Be specific, please)
Iíve raided with Light Brigade though all of Blackwing Lair, AhníQiraj, Karazhan, Gruulís Lair, Magtheridonís Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern, The Eye, Battle for Mount Hyjal, Black Temple, Sunwell Plateau, Naxxramas (WoTLK expansion), Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Icecrown Citadel. After that I wasnít able to raid full time, but would occasionally join LB for raids in Cataclysm and Mists, where I would pretend to heal on Paribus.

6. What steps do you take to prepare yourself for a new raid encounter?
I like to read over the dungeon journal for a breakdown of the encounter abilities and watch videos detailing the fight execution.

7. What other guilds (particularly on Shadow Council) have you been in and why did you leave them?
Havenít really been in other SC guilds since joining LB.

8. What are you looking for in a guild and why do you think Light Brigade would be a good fit for you?

9. Do you know any current or former Light Brigade members? If so, what is your relationship with them? Is there anyone currently in the guild that would be willing to vouch for your performance and ability?
At this point, I know more former members of LB than I do current members. No one should be foolish enough to vogue for me, as it has been years since Iíve done any organized raiding.

10. Is there anything else you would like to add that we should take into account when reviewing your application?
Iím willing to also apply on Paribus should there be a greater demand for smiting and shielding, though he is further behind gear-wise, and Iíve only healed heroics with him so far.

Chillbeard, Frost/Blood Deathknight
Paribus, Disc/Shadow Priest
Old 11-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paribus View Post
No one should be foolish enough to vogue for me, as it has been years since Iíve done any organized raiding.
I definitely won't vogue for you, but I can vouch that Paribus was a great disc priest back in the day. As for his skill on the warlock, we may have to wait and see.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Guild Member

Send a message via AIM to Paribus

Disc healing changed so much this expansion. Or was it last expansion. Either way, we don't have renew or PoM to toss around like we used to, so in terms of healing style I'm kinda starting over.

Also on spelling mistakes, additional -10 because I somehow spelled "affliction" with an "a" in the middle.

Chillbeard, Frost/Blood Deathknight
Paribus, Disc/Shadow Priest
Old 11-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Holy has renew and PoM, so perhaps that might be more your healing style now. With this xpac disc changed drastically. It's very different but it can be quite fun.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeenerys View Post
Holy has new metadrol results here and PoM, so perhaps that might be more your healing style now. With this xpac disc changed drastically. It's very different but it can be quite fun.
You still recruiting?

Last edited by Hoffmeister; 10-23-2017 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffmeister View Post
You still recruiting?
Yes still recruiting. Contact Rhaegar in game if you have any questions (Daenerys#1385).